Evan Sprinkle Named Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
ELON, N.C. –Evan Sprinkle, a university enrollment professional with a strong track record of success, has been selected as Elon University’s new dean of undergraduate admissions. Sprinkle brings to Elon experience and work in the field that will bolster support for enrollment initiatives outlined in the Boldly Elon strategic plan. He begins at Elon on Sept. 20.
Sprinkle comes to Elon from Queens University of Charlotte, where he served most recently as associate vice president in the Undergraduate Office of Admissions. During his tenure there, Sprinkle led enrollment activities for international and domestic first-year, transfer and adult undergraduate education including the upper division nursing program.
“Evan’s diversity of experience in another private university setting made him an excellent choice for Elon’s next dean of undergraduate admissions,” said Greg Zaiser, vice president for enrollment. “In addition to his success as an enrollment leader, he has a strong interest in staff support and development. We are excited to work with him and look forward to his many contributions as the leader of undergraduate admissions at Elon.”
Sprinkle’s considerable recruitment experience includes strategic construction of the admissions funnel, and aligning travel to support application generation, analysis of predictive yield models and creating and designing all student-facing communication for email campaigns. During his three years as director of traditional undergraduate admissions at Queens before becoming associate vice president, Sprinkle redesigned the traditional campus visit program resulting in a 48 percent increase in campus visitors leading to a 40 percent increase in first-year students in just one year.
“I am thrilled and humbled by this opportunity,” Sprinkle said. “I know Elon to be a place that puts a premium on its community, and you can feel that as soon as you walk on campus. The university’s commitment to its students, excellent reputation and growth trajectory make me confident we can hit all the enrollment goals set before us. I can’t wait to get started.”
A first-generation college graduate, Sprinkle is passionate about creating opportunities for students to have access to a college education. Throughout the search process, Sprinkle demonstrated that he is prepared to build upon his professional success at Elon, with a keen eye on developing staff.
As dean of undergraduate admissions at Elon, Sprinkle will provide creative and strategic leadership to undergraduate recruitment while overseeing existing successful initiatives and developing new and innovative programs and resources. He will lead the undergraduate admissions staff and collaborate with families, counselors and community organizations.
Sprinkle holds a bachelor’s degree in communication and an MBA from Queens.
Members of the Dean of Undergraduate Admissions Search Committee:
- Co-Chair Chris Leupold, Professor of Psychology, Isabella Cannon Leadership Professor, and Faculty Fellow for Law and Leadership
- Co-Chair Chris Esters, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Bailey McCollum ’22, Student Representative
- Jennifer Curtin, Director of Marketing
- Harry Titus, Assistant Director of Student Care and Outreach
- Tiffany Morris, Associate Professor of Nursing and Nursing Department Chair
- Mark Kurt, Associate Professor of Economics
- Aliana Harrison, Associate Director of Residence Life for Residential Education
- Cayce Crenshaw, Director for Academic Support Services and Assistant AD
- Jonathan Miller, Director of Development and the Elon Society
- Janis Baughman, Assistant Dean of Student Development/Director of Student Involvement
- Hebe Fuller Denis, Associate Dean and Director of International Admissions